The Parish Church of St Andrew is the oldest documented building in Medstead. The origins of the Church and the parish of Medstead can be traced back to the Saxon period. The first known reference to the Church is in the Domesday Book of 1086.
At the time of the Norman Conquest in 1066, it is likely St Andrew's was a small, two-celled chapel built of either flint or wood. It appears likely the Church was substantially enlarged or replaced around 1160, to which the oldest work now existing, the North Arcade of the Nave, has been dated.
Between 1853 and 1861 significant alterations were made to the church and, in essence, these alterations provided the building we see today.